Choquequirao Trek 4 Days
$980.00 – $2,730.00
Overview – Choquequirao Trek 4 days
Altitude: 1500 – 3030 m. / 4921 – 9941 f. High season: Whole year Duration: 4 days – 3 nights / 5 days – 4 nights Level of difficulty: Moderate *A minimum of 2 persons is needed for this trek.
Choquequirao Trek 4 Days – Itinerary:
1st Day: Cusco – Cachora – Chiquisca
We will leave Cusco (3350m/10991f) approximately at 5:30 am. First, we will head for the village Cachora (2850m/9350f) to meet our horsemen and the mules that will carry all the camping equipment during the expedition. Thereafter, we will continue our journey towards the pass of Capuliyoc (2800m/9186f). The trek offers a beautiful view of the mythical mountain Padreyoc, of the deep canyon and of the river Apurímac, meaning “speaking river”. Thereupon, we will descend towards the canyon’s interior named Chiquisca (1930m/6332f), where we will spend the night.
Climate: warm Hiking time: 7 hours
2nd Day: Chiquisca – Playa Rosalina – Marampata – Choquequirao
After breakfast, we will descend to La Playa Rosalina (1550m/5085f). From there, we will continue heading for Marampata (2850m/9350f), where we will have a beautiful view of the archeological complex of Choquequirao (3033m/9951f). Our camping site is located 25 minutes from the settlement.
Climate: both cold and warm Hiking time: 7 hours
3rd Day: Choquequirao – San Ignacio – Carmen
At sunrise, we will first visit the archeological site of Choquequirao. By now, only 30% of this “golden cradle” has been exposed. Thereafter, we will descend to the Apurímac canyon’s deepest part called San Ignacio at 1500m/4921f and have lunch. After that, we will ascend to our camping site in the beautiful gardens of Carmen (2000m/6562f).
Climate: moderate climate with mosquitoes Hiking time: 6 hours Note: Due to the ecosystem’s constant changes, this day is considered to be the most beautiful one. Nevertheless, the route from Choquequirao to San Ignacio is at some parts very slippery. Therefore, we ask you to watch your steps carefully. Moreover, we recommend carrying sufficient water with you.
4th Day: Carmen – Tambo bamba – Huanipaca
The gardens of Carmen are situated close to the manor of Tambo bamba (2500m/8202f), a region having been governed by landowners during the 19th and 20th century and considered to be one of the most fertile valleys to cultivate maize and a variety of potatoes. We will pass little villages such as Pacobamba and Huanipaca (3150m/10335f) and will return to Cusco by bus.
Climate: moderate, warm Hiking time: 5 hours Transport time: 5 hours.
Choquequirao Trek 04 Days (Private)
* Private transport from the hotel to the town of Cachora and return
* Entrance fees to Choquequirao inca site
* Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
* High quality camping equipment (We use professional tents, Doite, Model Kailas 3, extra light/4.5kgs and Doite, Model Himalaya, extra light/4.5kgs, both are big enough for 2 persons. Mattresses, eating tent with table and chairs, bathroom tent)
* Meals during the excursion (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks / option vegetarian
* Cook and cooking equipment
* Horseman and mules, for all camping and personal luggage (up to 7kg. per person)
* Emergency horse
* First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
* Sleeping bag (If you don’t have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of lending one)
* First breakfast and dinner on the last day in Cusco.
What do I need to bring?
* Backpack with rain shelter.
* Sleeping back.
* Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
* Rain pants and lightweight pants.
* Trekking shoes.
* Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
* Woolen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
* Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
* Rainponcho and a hat.
* Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
* Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
* Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
* Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
* Original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
* Since the weather can be very cold and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet – won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
1) On our clients’ recommendation, we suggest spending an additional day in the settlement of Choquequirao to enjoy this beautiful archeological site in more detail. On our way back to Cusco, there is also the possibility of visiting the thermal baths in Cconoc. Ask us for more information.
(2) The trek to Choquequirau must not be underestimated. Especially the second day involves great physical exertion to complete. Combined with high altitude and extreme weather (it can get very hot) the trek can be hard work. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you are well acclimatized, in good shape, and healthy.
(3) From the first to the fourth day (from Cachora to Huanipaca) we are accompanied by horsemen and mules that will carry all camping equipment and the customer’s private luggage (up to 7 kg).
(4) Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
Conditions & Terms
1) We require an immediate deposit of US $ 150 for all bookings
2) For all tours and treks the balance can be paid up to 48 hours prior to the start of the program. In case of paying the balance in the office of Passperu we only accept cash payment. Failure to pay the trek balance will result in tour cancellation.
3) If a participant decides to cancel during the breefing 2 days prior to departure, he or she has to pay the full amount of the trek. Passperu however, will cover the expenses (hotel and transport) made by that participant to visit any Choquequirao. This offer of ours must be confirmed at the breefing itself.
4) The Client may cancel the Package booking at any time provided that the cancellation is communicated to Marco.email@example.com in writing. Cancellation charges will be applied as shown below calculated from the day written notification is received by firstname.lastname@example.org. All reservations cancelled less than 15 days prior to the departure date of the tour are subject to a cancellation fee:
5) The Choquequirao Trek is non-transferable, non-reimbursable and the participant cannot change the date of departure
6) If during the length of the program the traveler abandons the excursion as a decision made by him- or herself, no reimbursement will be made and no claim will be accepted. Passperu does not cover the expenses made by the traveler for a hotel and the transport back to Cusco. Also, the traveler will be accompanied by a co-worker of Passperu back to the train station.
7) Certain Services might be interrupted or even cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disasters or other disturbances. These are out of the control of hotels, Service suppliers, Passperu or its partners and therefore, no refund will be given.
8) If Passperu doesn’t confirm the reservation, the deposit will be refunded.
9) In case of force majeur, when a trek cannot start or completed, Passperu will find an alternative to go to Choquequirao. If this alternative is of lower value than the originally booked excursion, Passperu will refund the difference.
10) It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accidents, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. Passperu cannot be considered responsible for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her acts.